Monday, August 9, 2010

Apple Raisin Mini Muffins (orginally posted November 2008)

I bought a Wilton miniature muffin pan at Michael's recently. I made Apple Raisin Mini Muffins from a Paula Deen recipe. In the end I had 60 mini muffins. I froze most of them, thawing out five or ten at a time for snacks, breakfasts or to go in my daughter's lunch. Sure, it took a while to bake them because I only have the one pan but I could do other things in the 15 minute increments and I had muffins for her breakfast or snacks for the last two months.

They thawed really well.

Apple Raisin Muffins from Paula Deen, The Lady & Sons, too!

Here's the recipe:
2 cups water
2 cups sugar
2 cups grated apples
2 cups raisins
1 cup butter - two sticks
2 tspn cinnamon
2 tspn freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 tspn ground cloves
1 cup chopped walnuts (I left these out)
2 tspn baking soda
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350. Combine water, sugar, apples, raisins, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove the pan for the heat and cool completely. (*this takes more than an hour so I wouldn't actually preheat the oven at the beginning of this recipe)

In a large bowl, stir the nuts and baking soda into the flour. Add the cooled mixture to the bowl, and stir until blended. Fill greased miniature muffin tins with batter to the top. (*I used mini cupcake papers) Bake 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment